Online training | Radiation protection for workers according to Article 25 ARBISSchrijf je in
Working with ionizing radiation brings certain safety and health risks. An awareness of the fundamentals of radiation physics, the health risks, the protection measures and legal obligations enables an effective prevention policy aimed at the protection against ionizing radiation.
This training course contains the following modules:
- Introduction of radioactivity and ionizing radiation;
- Health risks caused by exposure to ionizing radiation;
- Fundamentals in radiation protection as determined by the Royal Decree of 20 July 2001;
- Good practice for effective protection, including the collective and individual protection measures;
- Meaning of warning signs, symbols and notifications installed by the Royal Decree of 20 July 2001;
- Legal obligations in radiation protection of the employer and employee on a technical and medical level, including in case of emergency.
This training course is aimed at workers who are possibly exposed to ionizing radiation in their professional environment, according to Article 25 of the Royal Decree of 20 July 2001. According to the regulation, this information and training course must be provided prior to employment at the work station, and repeated yearly and in function of the needs.
During this training course, the focus lies on the practical implementation of radiation protection on the workfloor, and attention is given to interaction with the participants.
Het volledige programma kan hier worden gedownload:
There is no pre-knowledge required.
There is no preparation needed.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to
In terms of knowledge
- Explain the physical principles of radioactivity and ionizing radiation;
- List the main health effects related to and exposure to ionizing radiation;
- Recall the three fundamental principles of the radiation protection system, as described in the Royal Decree of 20 July 2001;
- Recognize the main warning signs and symbols installed by the regulation;
- Give examples of good practice for individual and collective protection measures.
In terms of skills
- Optimize its own protection by decreasing the exposure time, increasing the distance to the source and selecting the appropriate shielding;
- Apply the main legal obligations in radiation protection in a controlled or supervised area.
In terms of responsibility/autonomy
- Master radiation protection measures that will enable the existing dose limits to be respected.
Registration fee: 185 EUR (223,85 EUR, 21% VAT included).
You can register using the button above until March 28, 2023. Registered participants will receive a link in due time to the online training.
Cancellation with total refund is only possible until March 28, 2023.
SCK CEN reserves the right to cancel a training course or event (e.g. in case of low number of registrations) without reimbursement of already made travel and accommodation arrangements.