SCK CEN develops and tests new medicines on behalf of clients. Our radiopharmaceutical research focuses on the development of new radiopharmaceuticals for radionuclide therapy. We offer a wide range of toxicological, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic models and perform in vitro, in vivo and/or ex vivo studies.
How do we handle your assignment?
The specialisations of SCK CEN mainly focus on the following issues:
- DNA damage and repair kinetics
- Cell survival and apoptosis
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Aging parameters
In this way, we perform research into:
- the underlying mechanisms and effects of external irradiation on cancer and healthy tissue
- applications of radioisotopes as cancer treatment
- undesirable effects of radiation
Why choose SCK CEN?
- SCK CEN has 70 years of experience in nuclear research and life sciences.
- Our researchers will work with you to develop a tailor-made programme that exactly meets your needs and expectations.
- A dedicated, analytical team specialised in the development of research or test methods, information transfer, validation, stability tests, etc. is at your service.
- In addition to our expertise, we have the right infrastructures – including ICERR-certified facilities – to meet all your needs.
- Our employees with world-class skills, attitude and knowledge have already produced hundreds of radiolabelled materials.
NURA: our pioneering research
With its NURA project, SCK CEN significantly increases its contribution to the fight against cancer. By pooling its knowledge and expertise in terms of radiopharmaceuticals, NURA contributes to the development of the next-generation radiopharmaceuticals.
Radiolabelling services on your behalf
SCK CEN offers state-of-the-art radiolabelling services to support preclinical studies or scientific research.
Imaging services on your behalf
SCK CEN measures and visualises the effect of gamma, alpha and beta radiation in your samples. We locate the radiopharmaceutical and quantify its impact on the organism.