SCK CEN offers state-of-the-art radiolabelling services to support preclinical studies or scientific research. As a client, you can count on the support of an expert who is committed to finding new therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals for targeted cancer treatments.
What do we offer?
Whether you want radiolabelled compounds in the context of pre-clinical studies or in support of your R&D research programme, SCK CEN provides services based on 70 years of experience. Our team brings unparalleled expertise in radiolabelling services tailored to your needs.
Customers rely on our top-notch knowledge and infrastructure when it comes to testing your carrier molecule. Is a molecule suitable for targeted, radiotherapeutic applications? And does it retain its unique properties when it is labelled with a specific radioisotope? We'll sort that out for you.
SCK CEN is ready for the following concrete assignments:
- Identifying the correct chelator
- Connecting the chelator to the carrier molecule
- Labelling the carrier molecule with a radioisotope
How do we handle your assignment?
Our facilities – and, in case of partnership, yours as well – are extensive. We have, for instance, 2 modern hot cells available to ensure personal safety while experimenting and working.
Over time, SCK CEN has acquired a leading position as a pioneering research centre where it is legally permitted to work with many different radioisotopes. For R&D activities, we focus ourselves on 6 radioisotopes, but on request we are happy to expand that list.
Why choose SCK CEN?
- SCK CEN has 70 years of experience in nuclear research and life sciences.
- Our researchers will work with you to develop a tailor-made programme that exactly meets your needs and expectations.
- A dedicated, analytical team specialised in the development of research or test methods, information transfer, validation, stability tests, etc. is at your service.
- In addition to our expertise, we have the right infrastructures – including ICERR-certified facilities – to meet all your needs.
- Our employees with world-class skills, attitude and knowledge have already produced hundreds of radiolabelled materials.
NURA: our pioneering research
With its NURA project, SCK CEN significantly increases its contribution to the fight against cancer. By pooling its knowledge and expertise in terms of radiopharmaceuticals, NURA contributes to the development of the next-generation radiopharmaceuticals.
Radiopharmaceutical research on your behalf
SCK CEN develops and tests new medicines on behalf of clients. Our radiopharmaceutical research focuses on the development of new radiopharmaceuticals for radionuclide therapy.
Imaging services on your behalf
SCK CEN measures and visualises the effect of gamma, alpha and beta radiation in your samples. We locate the radiopharmaceutical and quantify its impact on the organism.