In the development and testing of new radiopharmaceuticals, SCK CEN helps partners to visualise the journey of isotopes in the body or organ, thereby revealing also the biological effects of radiopharmaceuticals. SCK CEN measures and visualises the effect of gamma, alpha and beta radiation in your samples. We locate the radiopharmaceutical and quantify its impact on the organism.
How do we handle your assignment?
SCK CEN helps partner companies to perform both in vivo and in vitro imaging and makes various advanced imaging devices available to them: SPECT scanner, auto-radiographic scanner, gamma counter and fluorescence microscope.
Why choose SCK CEN?
- SCK CEN has 70 years of experience in nuclear research and life sciences.
- Our researchers will work with you to develop a tailor-made programme that exactly meets your needs and expectations.
- A dedicated, analytical team specialised in the development of research or test methods, information transfer, validation, stability tests, etc. is at your service.
- In addition to our expertise, we have the right infrastructures – including ICERR-certified facilities – to meet all your needs.
- Our employees with world-class skills, attitude and knowledge have already produced hundreds of radiolabelled materials.
NURA: our pioneering research
With its NURA project, SCK CEN significantly increases its contribution to the fight against cancer. By pooling its knowledge and expertise in terms of radiopharmaceuticals, NURA contributes to the development of the next-generation radiopharmaceuticals.
Radiolabelling services on your behalf
SCK CEN offers state-of-the-art radiolabelling services to support preclinical studies or scientific research.
Radiofarmaceutical research on your behalf
SCK CEN develops and tests new medicines on behalf of clients. Our radiopharmaceutical research focuses on the development of new radiopharmaceuticals for radionuclide therapy.