Skip to main content

Low-level radioactivity measurements

2019_SCK CEN - Lageradioactiviteitsmetingen - NORM

Do you need measurements?

SCK CEN does not only take measurements for the Federal Agency for the Safety of the Food Chain (FASFC), the Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC) and the nuclear industry. It also makes its services and expertise available to everyone.

We specialise in the monitoring and quantifying of radioactivity in:

  • Human food, animal feed and food supplements
  • Drinking water and water for human consumption
  • Environmental samples (surface water, rainwater, air, soil, sediments, vegetation)
  • Biotest samples (nasal mucus, urine, faeces) for routine follow-up of professionally exposed employees or for special monitoring
  • NORM samples (e.g. input materials and/or waste materials from the production processes within the NORM industry)
  • Samples of low-level radioactive waste

Use the universal form to ask for specific analyses
and send it to use via business [at] sckcen [dot] be.

2019_SCK CEN - Lageradioactiviteitsmetingen - voedsel

Scientific research

SCK CEN specialises in measuring radioactivity and low-level radioactivity in particular. The research centre identifies the type of radiation: alpha and beta radiation consisting of particles and gamma radiation which consists of electromagnetic waves. It also determines its radioactivity. Wish to learn more about our expertise?
More information

Looking for more information or a personalised solution?

Complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible.

Please add any application forms here or provide us with more information regarding a question. Would you like to share multiple files? Then we advise you to combine everything in a zip-file and upload it.
One file only.
16 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, eps, tif, pict, psd, txt, rtf, html, odf, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, xls, xlsx, xml, avi, mov, mp3, ogg, wav, bz2, dmg, gz, jar, rar, sit, svg, tar, zip.

Share this page