Customized training courses in radiobiology
The multidisciplinary biological research on the effects of radiation performed at SCK CEN The multidisciplinary biological research on the effects of radiation performed at SCK CEN forms the basis of our education and training courses in radiobiology. These courses explain the effects of radiation exposure at the cellular and molecular levels in order to understand the effects on human health.
Theoretical lectures are complemented by a number of practical lessons and tutorials in the fields of cellular and molecular biology, bioinformatics, biomarkers, cell cultures, dissection, and microscopy. Hands-on exercise sessions and technical visits to several SCK CEN laboratories are also included.
The training courses in radiobiology are intended to train those who want to perform active research in radiobiology or who wish to acquire detailed knowledge of the effects of ionizing radiations on living matter.
- Space biology laboratories
- Dosimetry and nuclear calibration laboratories
- Anthropogammametry laboratory
- Alpha, beta and gamma spectroscopy laboratory
- Radioactive decontamination wing of the medical services
Courses are given by top-level SCK CEN scientists and engineers with solid expertise in their research domain. Furthermore, they have followed learning facilitator training sessions and can thus transfer their theoretical knowledge and practical experience to the course participants efficiently and effectively.
- Summer school in radiation biology, specifically targeted towards pupils and Bachelor students;
- Space summer school targeted towards MSc and PhD students;
- 2-week course in the frame of the European Master in Radiation Biology, targeted towards master and PhD students in life sciences.