InLight body dosimeter
From your chest to the post: the route of accurate dosimetry results
Inlight: accredited dosimeter for reliable accuracy
Employees, students, trainees, independent physicians... every occupationally exposed employee must wear a dosimeter at chest height. With the accredited Inlight dosimeter, SCK CEN ensures an accurate measurement of the effective dose for the whole body. The meter is able to monitor up to maximum 3 months. Then, you can send it to SCK CEN for an accurate reading.
Benefits of the Inlight dosimeter of SCK CEN:
- Measuring range from minimum 50 µSv up to maximum 10 Sv
- Emergency measurements are possible 24h after having received the dosimeters
- User-friendly online portal for management and reporting
- Support from a team of experts in the interpretation of measurement results, based on SCK CEN’s 50 years of experience
Reporting & results
A few weeks after having returned your dosimeters, you will receive the reading results through a digital platform. Through this same portal, you as a customer can easily manage your dosimeter subscriptions. In this secured environment, you can with a personal login:
- Apply for new dosimeters
- Terminate dosimeter subscriptions as from a certain date
- Report lost dosimeters
- Consult dose results
- Retrieve overviews for your team, a particular group of employees or the whole company
- Retrieve the cumulative dose over a period of 5 years for a particular person
- Prepare dose reports for FANC
- Minimally detectable dose
- Measuring range
50 µSv up to 10 Sv
- X-rays and gamma energy range
12 keV up to 6 MeV
- Beta energy range
700 keV up to 2.3 MeV (expressed in Emax)
- Small and lightweight
7.5 cm high, 1 cm thick, 18 g
The Inlight dosimeter is sensitive to both beta and X- and gamma rays. As a result, it measures both the depth dose Hp(10) and the surface dose Hp(0.07).
InLight dosimeters consist of four active elements: the four detectors each consist of carbon-doped aluminium oxide but are placed behind different filters in the enclosure. These filters are used to establish the energy of the incident radiation so that the dosimeter will react in a tissue-equivalent manner to all radiation energies.
Accreditation for personal and ambient dosimetry
SCK CEN has developed a quality assurance or QA programme according to ISO/IEC 17025 and has been accredited by BELAC, the Belgian accreditation body. Since 2010, SCK CEN is also the first legally accredited dosimetry service provider in Belgium – accreditation awarded by the Federal Agency for Nuclear Control (FANC).