Test Engineer (hydraulics)
- realize and operate experimental facilities related to the technology of liquid lead-bismuth as reactor coolant
- challenging, multidisciplinary and international environment
- engineering degree
- 3 year contract
Will you put our design to the test?
SCK CEN works actively on the design and construction of a new multi-purpose research plant MYRRHA: a versatile and unique research infrastructure. It is the world's first research reactor driven by a particle accelerator. Unlike traditional reactors, cooling the reactor core is not done with water but using a liquid metal mixture of lead and bismuth. This mixture offers the advantage that it does not slow down the fission neutrons. These fast neutrons unlock a variety of applications.
For the R&D program supporting the design of the reactor part of the MYRRHA project, we are looking for a test engineer.
You will build upon our in-house knowledge and support our research engineers in developing new technologies for the design and licensing of our MYRRHA-reactor. You will interface with researchers and technicians, in the realization and operation of experimental facilities related to the technology of the liquid metal coolant.
Your task includes:
- contributing to the commissioning and operation of testing facilities
- safely operating these facilities, performing tests and generating new experimental data
- documenting the test results for later detailed scientific analysis
- interacting with research engineers and technical support teams at SCK CEN
To join this frontier, you'll need
- a master’s degree in engineering
- hands-on experience in a technical laboratory environment, including a good knowledge of data acquisition and control and monitoring systems
- basic knowledge of specific tools for data acquisition and analysis (e.g. Labview) is preferred
- basic knowledge of thermal hydraulics or fluid mechanics is preferred
- good knowledge of general information technology applications
- you realize the importance of small details in large systems and care for documentation
- good communication skills, enabling you to operate within a multidisciplinary team
- the ability to work well in team and also take individual initiative
- good in English and Dutch, both for daily communications and for internal reporting, or prepared to follow language courses