Technical risk analyst
- follow up the machine protection implementation
- help to establish the accelerator reliability model
- responsible for technical risk management
- experience in risk analysis
We are ready to build this accelerator. Are you?
MYRRHA will be the world’s first sub-critical, particle accelerator-driven reactor, cooled by a lead-bismuth eutectic. Our main mission is to build MYRRHA and use it as a research reactor. But there’s still a lot of work to be done, such as constructing MINERVA – the project’s first phase that consists of a particle accelerator and a proton target facility. The commissioning of this accelerator facility is scheduled for 2026.
Together with large teams of ambitious engineers and researchers, SCK CEN aims to develop new medical radioisotopes and solve the nuclear waste issue. To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for a technical risk analyst.
In this position, you will:
- perform and follow up the machine protection implementation and technical risk management.
- you will work in close collaboration with colleagues responsible for the operational concept and with the technical system owners
- you must ensure the conclusions are implemented correctly by the various groups
- you will be co-responsible for defining the accelerator safety logic chains
- be co-responsible for establishing the accelerator reliability model
- be responsible for machine protection-related subsystems (e.g. beam loss monitor voting, BPM voting …)
- contribute to the accelerator-related personnel risk management in close collaboration with the safety group, etc.
- ensure that the machine protection system complies with the envisaged operational scheme, including fault tolerance.
- contribute to the establishment of the operational model (e.g. communicating the user interface requirements to the control systems group, ...)
To join this frontier, you'll need
- understanding of and interest in complex technical systems
- experience in risk and functional safety analysis is an asset
- accelerator physics knowledge is an advantage
- detail-oriented, accurate work approach
- good knowledge of English (please submit your application in English)
- Master’s degree