Researcher preclinical studies of radiopharmaceuticals
- highly interesting scientific position on the bridge to industry
- research on radiopharmaceuticals for targeted radionuclide therapy
- preclinical trials
- PhD or experienced master
Will you join us in our fight against cancer?
With the NURA program, SCK CEN is contributing to the development of the next-generation radiopharmaceuticals for targeted radionuclide therapy (TRT). More specifically, NURA performs research into TRT radiopharmaceuticals for treating different types of cancer in collaboration with academic, clinical and industrial partners (https://www.sckcen.be/en/projects/nura).
With the expertise in assessing radiation-induced effects on human health, the SCK CEN Radiobiology Research team executes dedicated research through preclinical studies that aim at increasing the understanding of the fundamental mechanisms of TRT radiopharmaceuticals (https://www.sckcen.be/nl/expertises/gezondheid). As a Contract Research Organization (CRO), SCK CEN also supports clinical, pharmaceutical and industrial partners in the R&D of promising TRT radiopharmaceuticals.
We are looking for a senior researcher to join both our Radiobiology and CRO teams to perform preclinical validation and biological research studies of TRT radiopharmaceuticals. This is a great opportunity to set your mark in a developing CRO in the radiopharmaceutical field.
More specifically, your position will entail the following:
- You actively participate in the study design and execution of experimental preclinical studies devoted to in vitro and in vivo research regarding TRT radiopharmaceuticals.
- You develop a panel of molecular tests to assess the therapeutic potential and cytotoxic character of TRT radiopharmaceuticals on cancer and normal tissues.
- You optimize and implement standard and emerging techniques for preclinical validation of radiopharmaceuticals such as in vivo SPECT-CT imaging and in vitro cell studies of oncology models.
- You ensure that the preclinical studies are carried out in compliance with the appropriate regulatory, ethical and animal welfare guidelines and standards.
- You play an active role in developing and executing the NURA Radiobiology research strategy.
- You collaborate with the Radiochemistry and Dosimetry research teams for upfront radiolabeling protocols and following dosimetric analyses.
- You write, submit and coordinate European and national projects together with academic, clinical and industrial partners.
- You guide PhD and MSc students, and lab technicians.
- You write scientific articles and give presentations at conferences.
- You teach and train staff in expert knowledge and experimental protocols in the field of TRT radiopharmaceuticals.
To join this frontier, you'll need
- MSc (with in addition at least 5 years working experience), a PhD in biomedical sciences, bioengineering sciences, biology, pharmacy, (radio)pharmacology, or MD
- relevant professional experience in radiopharmaceutical research
- knowledge of molecular & cellular biology and SPECT-CT imaging
- knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and relevant professional experience of conducting preclinical trials in general
- ability to initiate and maintain collaborations with multidisciplinary internal teams and external academic, clinical and industrial partners
- good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- creative and result driven mind-set
- good knowledge of English, Dutch or French
As a plus:
- attest FELASA Cat C