Research Project Leader
- contribute to our fuel research programme
- work in multidisciplinary teams
- international projects with very ambitious objectives
- master's degree in Engineering Sciences
Become the new member of our Fuel Materials expert group!
Our expert group Fuel Materials exists of a motivated team of researchers and engineers who perform studies that cover the entire fuel lifecycle: production, in-reactor behavior and spent fuel investigations.As member of this group, you will be responsible for the management of theoretical research projects on nuclear fuel performance and you will support experimental research projects with your neutron physics expertise.
In practice, this means that you will be responsible for:
- converting research needs into specifc projects
- act as project leader for various projects, i.e. coordinate research activities, ensure optimum use of personnel and infrastructure, responsible for planning and organisation, devise and manage the budget
- participate actively in the analysis of results
- compile reports and other documentation (project plan, business plan, procedures, licensing file, etc.)
- maintain contact with potential and existing customers for current and new projects
- identify and set up new projects within the framework of SCK CEN's strategic plan
- provide guidance and follow-up for processes, installations, personnel and products.
To join this frontier, you'll need
- Master’s Degree in engineering sciences or PhD in Sciences or Engineering Sciences, preferably with specialisation in nuclear engineering
- excellent communication and management skills in order to manage a multi-disciplinary team and to work within an international environment
- experience in project management is a major advantage
- enthusiastic and entrepreneurial spirit
- prepared to work in secure and controlled areas, where measurements for radiation protection are applied
- fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, French and/or German