- monitor project progress
- assist project teams
- provide management support
- hands on experience with project management tools
We are ready to build this accelerator! Are you?
MYRRHA will be the world’s first sub-critical, particle accelerator-driven reactor, cooled by a lead-bismuth eutectic. Our main mission is to build MYRRHA and use it as a research reactor. But there’s still a lot of work to be done, such as constructing MINERVA – the project’s first phase that consists of a particle accelerator and a user facilities.
To help us achieve our ambitious goals, the MINERVA Target Facilities (MTF) group is looking for a Project Officer. The main objective is to provide support to the project leader in different areas such as project scheduling, budget planning, procurement and subcontractor follow-up.
- maintain resource-loaded project schedules
- monitor project progress and keep schedules up to date through regular planning update meetings with the project engineers.
- prepare project status reports, e.g. milestone reporting and EVM
- support the project leader in planning-related decisions and in delivering reports to the programme director.
- assist project engineers in with the preparation of procurement files. This includes capturing and analyzing procurement needs, gathering information from technical experts about the technical specifications and drafting project inputs for the purchasing department.
- follow up the purchase process and the selection of suppliers. Keep in touch with partners and suppliers, and take care of commercial follow-up.
- support the project team and the project leader by:
- performing quality checks of the documentation also managing metadata and obsolescence in different document management systems
- scheduling technical review meetings
- drafting minutes of technical review meetings and project board meetings
- ensuring that all documentation is properly reviewed and approved
To join this frontier, you'll need
- MSc (or similar through experience), preferably in engineering sciences.
- experience in managing complex projects, with hands-on experience in project scheduling, budget planning, procurement and subcontractor follow-up.
- hands-on experience with project management tools, e.g. MS Project, SAP.
- fast learner with the ability to quickly familiarize with high-tech environment.
- hands-on mindset
- excellent in oral and written communication.
- express (him / her)self fluently in English, and in Dutch or French, both orally as in writing.