Project Engineer (Electro)Mechanical Engineering
- design the radiation equipment together with a team of specialists
- follow up the construction, assembly and commissioning
- civil engineer in mechanical or electromechanical engineering
- 4 year contract
Is mechanical design your forte?
The project engineer is responsible for designing, building, testing and supporting the operation of experimental radiation equipment and set-ups. Together with his team of specialists, the project engineer ensures that the project meets the customer specifications and safety requirements as well as the agreed upon planning and budget.
To be able to do this:
- you draw up the technical specifications with corresponding planning and budget based on the internal customer specifications;
- you design the radiation equipment or experimental set-up together with a team of specialists, taking into account the various design aspects such as neutronics, thermohydraulics, instrumentation, control, dismantling, decontamination and nuclear and industrial safety;
- you draw up the necessary documents for the CEE (Committee for Experiments Evaluation) in order to obtain the required approvals for the construction and operation of the equipment;
- you follow up the construction, assembly, testing and commissioning of the equipment;
- you report punctually and accurately to the customer on the project’s progress and the operational measurement data.
To join this frontier, you'll need
- are a civil engineer, preferably in mechanical or electromechanical engineering;
- have experience with thermohydraulic calculations and construction codes such as ASME and/or RCC-M, RCC-MRx;
- have knowledge of structural materials used in nuclear environments;
- have good knowledge of IT applications for technical/scientific purposes;
- can write clear reports, manuals and procedures, both in Dutch and/or French and in English and have good communication skills to lead an international and multidisciplinary team;
- have experience with the design and commissioning of installations; an additional master’s degree in nuclear energy or knowledge of nuclear energy applications are extra assets.
Contact tomas [dot] Sergooris [at] sckcen [dot] be (Tomas Sergooris)