- contribute to the Long Term Operation of our BR2-reactor
- responsible for technical renovation projects
- master in engineering in civil or mechanical engineering
- 6 year contract
Will you ensure the reliability and safety of our BR2 facility?
Our Plant Asset Management (PAM) unit is responsible for the long-term operation of our BR2 reactor including its experiments and facilities for isotope production, and for defining the necessary related measures and follow-up.
As a project engineer within the PAM team, you are responsible for large and small technical renovation projects and for ensuring the reliability and safety of the BR2 facility.
More specifically, he/she:
- learns about the different components of the BR2 reactor and its surrounding facilities and infrastructures to detect and assess the long-term requirements and needs
- initiates, manages and monitors the different maintenance and renovation projects for BR2 infrastructures; the major structural components such as the reactor building, heavy retractable bridges and cooling towers must be considered first
- defines the different maintenance and test programs for these components
- appoints external contractors and/or design offices and keeps in touch with them as well as follows their work up
- guarantees the review and optimisation of BR2’s reliability (reliability engineering); writes reports and describes processes on preventive and predictive maintenance
- over time, settles into the engineering and manufacturing of (long-term) experiments which take place in our BR2 reactor in order to support the development of a quality management system
- eventually, leads, coordinates and/or conducts audits himself/herself
To join this frontier, you'll need
- master’s degree in engineering, preferably civil or mechanical engineering, even though another specialisation is also accepted
- a broad knowledge of the different technical fields (architecture, mechanics, hydraulics, electricity, ...) and being interested in getting to know and settling into unknown fields
- knowledge of different civil, mechanical and electrical documents, drawings, specifications and diagrams
- knowledge of and feeling for specifications, norms and standards of technical facilities; an experience with the practical application of quality and safety standards is desirable
- communicate with the supervisory authority about the results in the appropriate manner
- an affinity with the nuclear sector or a knowledge of nuclear science and applications is an asset
- some knowledge of or affinity with public procurement procedures is a plus
- good command of Dutch, French and English