- supporting technical project teams
- prepare procurement documentation
- collaborating and making agreements with suppliers
- working out the logistics flows
We are ready to build this accelerator! Are you?
With a strong team of ambitious engineers and researchers, SCK CEN aims to develop new medical radioisotopes to treat cancer patients and solve the nuclear waste problem through the MYRRHA project (www.myrrha.be). The first implementation phase of the MYRRHA project consists of the construction of a 160-metre superconducting high-performance proton accelerator with unique reliability and two target facilities for research on radioisotopes, radioactive ion beam physics and nuclear fusion reactor materials (start-up planned for 2027).
To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for an engineer with an interest in procurement, logistics, collaboration and supplier follow-up.
- together with the project engineers, you determine the technical specifications regarding the procurement dossiers
- you ask critical questions and you are involved in negotiations with suppliers and manufacturers
- you make agreements with suppliers in terms of quality, logistics and service
- you follow up contracts in progress and take the initiative to support delivery efficiently
- you are the bridge between the project engineers, procurement manager and the head of the particle accelerator
- you report to the head of the Management Office
To join this frontier, you'll need
- Master of science (or equivalent through experience), preferably in engineering
- fast learner who is able to quickly familiarise themselves with a high-technology environment
- you acquired a first experience in a technical environment
- hands-on mentality with a strong sense of urgency
- good oral and written communication skills You are able to express yourself fluently in English and Dutch or French, both orally and in writing
- visits to suppliers (mostly within Europe) is part of this role