- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Help upgrade to future-proof applications
- More than just programming!
Will you help create impactful applications within our technical-administrative unit?
As an Analyst Programmer, you will work within our “Management of Waste and Liabilities” unit, or MWL for short. This unit is responsible for:
- The administrative and financial management of radioactive waste and other potentially nuclear materials.
- The transport of nuclear materials.
- The non-destructive measurement of waste packaging (NDA).
- The administrative and accounting management of the fissile material (NMA).
- The operation of the recycling fleet for the disposal of non-nuclear waste flows.
In order to manage this, a number of applications have been developed within the unit that need to be upgraded and linked together. A number of existing applications have been developed that run in Access and VBA, sometimes in combination with SQL Server, so knowledge of these is indispensable for continuing to support these databases in the short/medium term and for making the upgrade to a future-oriented application possible. The following tasks are on your list:
- You will evaluate the needs of the stakeholders and deliver an application that is based on well-written code, with everything that is expected of modern code.
- You will collaborate with colleagues in MWL and/or other units to define the scope and priorities. You will come up with targeted and feasible solutions.
- You will ensure clear specifications and documentation of the solution.
- You will continuously consult with the various stakeholders in the development process.
- Based on a functional analysis, you are able to develop the technical design and write the software.
- You will define the test scenarios.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the application.
It should be noted that this position is not directly situated within SCK CEN's ICT service. However, close collaboration with this service is anticipated, so that they can also support you where necessary.
To join this frontier, you'll need
- You have a master's degree in Computer Science and at least 5 years of experience as an analyst, programmer or analyst programmer.
- You have a strong interest in programming, but you want more than just that.
- You have a good knowledge of MS applications, more specifically Access and VBA, and you can upgrade these databases to SQL.
- You have knowledge of C#, Entity framework core, .Net Core , ASP.NET, Blazor, Web API, REST, Identity Server, unit testing, build automation, DevOps, Git/Gitflow, MS SQL Server, etc.
- You work meticulously with an eye for detail, quality and safety.
- You are enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and communicative.
- You are eager to learn and can work independently. You are willing to learn company-specific processes.
- Experience with the Volere method is an asset.
- You have a good command of Dutch and English and knowledge of French and/or German.