The Business Development Advisor is in charge of various analysis (market analysis, costing, resources availability, cost/benefits….) in order to build solid business plans for new market as well as for new investments to support market demands. He/she is also in charge of preparing and presenting corresponding plans to the relevant management (Institute Directors, Management Committee,…).
The Business Development Advisor reports to the Adjunct Director Business Development and Support in charge of business development.
She/he will then
- conduct market analysis in SCK•CEN development area’s in order to provide required input for relevant business plans
- identify required set of data and information in order to build solid business plans taking into account the specific R&D and nuclear dimensions of SCK•CEN activities (e.g. safety, radioprotection, non-proliferation, confidentiality…)
- write and asses business plan for projects ranging from +10.000€ to +1.000.000€
- gather market intelligence to have an accurate understanding of market dynamics in order to adjust offering and support marketing efforts
- in collaboration with experts, assess value creation of new products and services and how to capture this value
- determine marketing strategies and lead marketing activities related to key SCK•CEN activities
- track and update on a regular basis the various products and services that SCK•CEN can offer
- develop and maintain an active network of customers and (potential) partners as well as participating in relevant industrial associations
- attend and organize participation of SCK•CEN to trade shows, conferences, seminaries and congresses relevant for business development activities
- support the legal group in order to design and build the right structures and agreements (potentially with third parties) to support business development and growth activities