The Belgian Nuclear Research Centre is involved in a lot of research projects. Some of our research projects are purely internal projects in which only SCK•CEN is involved. Most projects are organized in cooperation with external partners such as governmental organisations and other research institutions.
- BELSPO projects: SCK•CEN is involved in several projects of the Belgian Science Policy BELPSO (www.belspo.be).
- NIRAS/ONDRAF projects: In the research domain of disposal of radioactive waste we are involved in some projects with the Belgian Agency for Radioactive Waste and Enriched Fissile Materials NIRAS/ONDRAF (www.niras.be)
- FANC/AFCN projects: In the research domain of radiation protection SCK•CEN is involved in some projects with the Federal Agency for Nuclear Control FANC/AFCN (www.fanc.fgov.be).
European Union projects (FP6-FP7): Most of the European projects in which SCK•CEN is involved, are FP6 an FP7 projects. The FP6 and FP7 projects are part of the Sixth and Seventh Framework Programmes of the European Commission. The European Union's Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development is a major tool to support the creation of the European Research Area - ERA.
More information on the Framework Programmes can be found on the FP6 website and FP7 website.
- ESA projects: SCK•CEN is involved in several projects of the European Space Agency in the research domain of radiation protection.
International projects: Besides cooperation with the partners form the EU member states, we have partnerships with organisations from Japan, China, and with other international institutions.
- Education & Training projects: SCK•CEN is involved in international E&T research networks and programmes such as ENETRAP, EUTERP, EUNDETRAF, CETRAD, BNEN and ENEN.