SCK•CEN is currently seeking to fill the position of Licensing Manager for the MINERVA project that involves the construction of a new installation to host a 100 MeV linear accelerator coupled to a target station within Phase I of the MYRRHA programme. He or she will be responsible for coordinating and contributing in the writing of the various licensing and related documents (construction licences and operation permits, environmental permits, building permits) and for executing dedicated risk/safety studies in support of the licensing process.
- coordinating and taking part in the writing of the various licensing documents;
- managing the work of the collaborators (internal & external employees) who contribute to preparing the licensing documents. This will mainly concern radiological protection, radiation calculations, source term evaluations and access control;
- communicating with the Belgian nuclear safety authorities (FANC & Bel V) and other Belgian authorities and services (local authorities, fire brigade, etc.) regarding the required licences;
- supporting the designers of the various components of the installation, for instance, by determining design guidelines on:
- radiological protection and shielding;
- nuclear safety;
- industrial safety;
- design standards,...
- executing dedicated risk/safety studies in support of licensing;
- regularly reporting the progress of the licensing process to the MINERVA and the MYRRHA management.