We are looking for a skilled team of engineers and chemists for a new semi-industrial research project. The engineers will work together for the development and implementation of a new and innovative chemical process oriented towards recycling and purification of nuclear materials which were used for the production of medical radioisotopes. The process consists of different stages among which solution, separation and extraction, precipitation, oxide conversion and metal conversion.
As chemical process engineer you are responsible for:
- the preparation (including scientific literature), design and implementation of innovative chemical test and process installations in collaboration with the design team;
- the preparation, organisation and monitoring of chemical experiments (solutions, separations, precipitation,…) regarding the testing, validation and optimisation of the process and installations;
- the creation of procedures and license files in accordance with current regulations and norms;
- the selection and implementation of analysis techniques and procedures on how to monitor experiments;
- the critical analysis, interpretation and processing of results in scientific reports and presentations;
- leading and coaching the team of laboratory technicians.